Friday, January 24, 2014

Spring Spirit


Spring is usually in the air by the end of January where I live. Garden stores start offering spring flowers - it's always primrose first, - camellia bush begins to blossom by my kitchen window, and I go through my wardrobe in search for spring spirit. 



I've been wanting to combine theses two blue & white stripy pieces (a tee and a skirt) for quite a while now, but since the skirt is such a light color, I thought I'd wait for warmer weather. But then I couldn't wait, could I? :) I liked the idea of combining the stripes with spring (think primrose!) colored necklace. The vest (or, as they called it, the sleeveless blazer) gives almost any outfit a nice finished look - it was a great buy from Chico's clearance sale, I am sure it'll have lots of use in my writer's wardrobe. (Anna saw it on me and said she wants a black vest too.) And of course a peacoat is such a nice touch. Stripes and peacoat, living by the sea, spirit of spring... All in all, I liked it for a casual night out.



I hope spirit of the spring is on its way to you too! :)

Sleeveless blazer - Chico's. Tee - Lane Bryant. Skirt - Old Navy. Peacoat by Kristen Blake via Nordstrom (still available in regular and plus sizes here). Tights - Hue. Shoes - Dansko. Necklace - Talbots. Purse via TJ MAXX.

Location: Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Natalia, I love this ensemble, the stripes are sporty and that jacket is rich and beautifully detailed! I also loved the talk of flowers!! have a wonderful week!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elle! I love spring so much - more light, more colors, more flowers, more life all around... Enjoy your week too, and I can't wait to see the rest of your beautiful vintage purse collection! (I would love to have one too :)

      Delete