Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sensual



I love animal print, but not just any animal print. In this particular Lane Bryant shirt, hues and shades are so richly blended that it makes the garment look silky and even more sensual. 


I wore it with my faux suede midi skirt (Christopher and Banks, old collection -- I am a fan of their skirts) and the pair of wonderful genuine leather new tall boots I recently found at Nordstrom Rack for under $100. 


I wear a couple of bracelets here. One is a leather and metal string, sale item ($4 or so) by Lane Bryant (I often get a fun piece of costume jewelry from their sale basket, remember my frog ring?). The other bracelet is made of semi-precious stones, Jasper from Russia. It was a gift from an old friend years ago. I loved it so much and wore it with many of my outfits (green is my neutral color as I like to say :). One day the metal string which held the rocks together got broken, and I didn't have an opportunity to repair it for quite a while... Justin found this wonderful little fine jeweler's shop a couple of years ago. He was really taken with the quality of pieces and (what is even more important to us) quality of people there. So we took a few of my broken jewelry pieces (including the Jasper bracelet and pearl earrings and bracelet from this post) and brought it to Paul and Yeun for repair. Justin also got his watch adjusted. They did an amazing job! My bracelets shine as new, and I just love love love wearing them again!! And so are my lovely pearl earrings, a gift from Edna (the fun lady librarian with whom my career of storyteller began a few years ago, remember the story of teal pashmina I told you here). Here is Paul and Yeun web site - Underhill Jewelers. If you are looking for a custom made piece, if you have your own design in mind or would like to work on one with a professional jewelry designer, I hope you'll get inspired by these talented, passionate, and very sweet jewelers! I know Justin and I will! :)


It was a windy, if not blustery day outside. I paired my skirt with the warm jacket (you are familiar with it). This combination of the skirt and jacket basically my staples for this Autumn. I also tried it with a black cardigan to get a more layered and professional look -- it goes beautifully together.


And finally, to my new boots. You can get them on the Sofft website on sale for $155. I am absolutely in love with them! I love the color, the shape, the way they look on my legs, they way they feel. They are so sexy and so very comfortable (I got them in wide width)! One small issue for me is that I can't zip them all the way up -- typical problem for a wide calf girl. I hope to get them to a shoe guy to add a bit more of a stretchy material for that matter... And oh, I see more long skirts in my foreseeable future. ;)



Location: Tacoma

Shirt by Lane Bryant. Faux suede skirt by Christopher and Banks (old collection). Jacket by Chico's. Purse by B Makowsky. Tall boots by Sofft (on sale here, other colors available). Jewelry - gifts, boutique find, Lane Bryant, 1000 Villages, Chico's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment